Re: possible ldm problem with large queue?

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Dana Quinn wrote:

> > Dana,
> >
> > I don't know the answers to your problems but I can install the LDM on our
> > Linux machine and set the configurations to your scenario and check the
> > results.
>
> Hey Rob - thanks for doing this.  It might be unneccesary though...
> I rebooted one of the machines and it doesn't seem to have
> the problem now (it's been up for about 4 hours now).  Swap usage
> definitely seems to be up on these machines though...
>
> Which version of ldm are you running?  I'm sorta wondering if it's
> a 0.5 issue.

Dana,

First the version of LDM 5.0.6, the previous version had a tendency to
start multiple decoders creating an unnormal write to the same file
situation. Sometimes these problems are worst on some platforms then
others.  I would upgrade to the 5.0.6 and probably try to isolate the LDM
from other 3rd parties s/w to see if the problem persists. Keep me updated
because I'll hold off the install on our Linux box unless the problem
persists. For me it seems these problems are harder to track down and
sometimes are not related to the LDM.

Robb...

 Actually, heck, I'm not sure.  One of the machines