[no subject]

>Subject: DIFAX not processing

Mark,

>Hi, I've got a couple of problems with the processing of our incoming
>data.
>
>1.  Our surface data for Wxp seems to be coming in but the files are
>writing just the headers.
>
>$ cat ~/data/wxp/surface/99020612.cvt
>WXPSFC
>1200Z  6 FEB 99
>
>Occasionally one or two will actually have some data but generally they
>are empty.

Sounds like the pipe between the LDM and the WXP convert process is
dying prematurely.  Are you seeing "broken pipe" errors in your ldmd.log
file?

>2. Our AVN Difax products are not coming in.  We are receiving the bulk of
>our difax otherwise.  This seems strange as our pqact entries for DIFAX do
>not filter any types out. This has been a problem for many weeks now.
>Could this be something in our configuration or should I be talking with
>Alden about this?

Given that you are not doing any filtering, it would seem like a good idea
to contact Alden about this.  The other alternative would be to send a note
to address@hidden (an email list whose members are other DIFAX users)
to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

>Here are the pqact entries for DIFAX ingestion:
>
>DIFAX   ^(....).*       FILE    -overwrite      -close
>/usr/local/ldm/data/apollo/rawdifax/\1.g3
>#DIFAX  ^(....).*       EXEC    /usr/local/ldm/scripts/remote.difax \1
>DIFAX   ^(....).*       EXEC    /usr/local/ldm/scripts/process.difax \1
>
>Thanks.

Please let us know if you find out from Alden that there has been a problem
in the AVN DIFAX product tranmission.

Tom Yoksas