Re: works for us (fwd)

Here's  a response from Gilbert, waiting for the others to respond.

Robb...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:10:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: works for us (fwd)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Robb Kambic wrote:

> Gilbert,
>
> It looks like headers are still there using the latest pqing code. Notice
> that not all the AFOS products have a WMO header counter part.  Maybe
> these are the products you are missing?   The missing headers seem to be
> indicative of the AFOS serial input line. I don't understand the interest
> in AFOS, aren't all the AFOS products on NOAAport?  What's the scoop?
>
> Robb...

Hi Robb,

Indeed they are, but suddenly, the TTAA00 appeared on the second line,
when it should appear on the first with the AFOS PIL. The reason for the
interest? A faster way to get weather warnings to me and a data backup
in case Gateway goes down for a system swap, hardware failure, etc. It
usually happens when I need it the most. I had a test NWWS feed to try it
out, but if all goes well later this week I will switch to a true AFOS
feed from the NWS LOT office in Romeoville/Chicago. They're using LDM
5.0.7B (beta) on a Linux 5.1 OS. Maybe that will help. I dunno. I'd just
like to see the TAAOO on the first line so that my headers will work
again! Apparently, the site which gave me a test feed for a little while
upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.6, and that caused the problem. Now, as I await
the NWS to clear port 388 so I can get to the feed, I'm trying to figure
out what I can do to get the dates in lower case...to match the entries I
have for NOAAport.

Does this make sense?

Gilbert

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***