RE: 19990407: NIDS on NOAAPORT

This anwers my questions.  I'm trying to stay ahead of the ball here and
when I see some new products, I look at them and trying to decode and
display them.

The SDUS97 products are test NIDS data and I was afraid they would start
bundling a ton of products like this under one header and then the LDM
couldn't adequately sort the products out.  I had forgotten about the 97
test situation and this now makes sense for the NIDS data.  They will
probably put these under separate distinct bulletins in the future.

Thanks for the update on LDM.  Even though I don't use LDM at Unisys,
all the universities that use WXP, use the LDM so I need to get WXP to
interface in as simply as possible.

On the issue of NIDS on NOAAPORT, I jumped the gun thinking some subset
of NIDS data would be generally available on NOAAPORT and this is not
the case.  When they go to encrypting the data, which I suspect will be
soon, it will out of general use until the new NIDS contract comes to an
end in Sep 2001.  So my rush to get WXP to handle these files is 2 years
too soon.  I guess it doesn't hurt to have this capability in WXP now.

Daniel Vietor               Mail: address@hidden
Unisys Corp                 Title: Engineer/Meteorologist
221 Gale Lane               Phone: 610-444-2407
Kennett Square PA 19348     Fax: 610-444-2420