Re: Phasing out ldm4 protocols

Hi Robb,

Linda Miller
External Liaison                        Telephone: (303) 497-8646
UCAR/Unidata Program Center             Fax: (303) 497-8690
P.O. Box 3000                           E-mail: address@hidden
Boulder, CO 80307-3000                  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Robb Kambic wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Glenn P. Davis wrote:
>
> > (Continuing pruning the ldm distribution.)
> >
> > I understand that WSI is still sending data using ldm4 protocols.
> > I also understand that there is not much we can do about this.
> >
> This was talked about at the last AMS meeting, I didn't hear what the
> outcome was of the meeting. I relayed that the ldm4 protocol was going
> away and WSI should be made aware.  We need to refresh WSI memory about
> the ldm4 protocol situation.   WSI has a current solution, just use the
> LDM instead of their own written s/w.  The LDM has sufficient access
> controls to satisfy WSI needs.

I agree that WSI should be notified, before you decide to drop this.  I
realize that they have been told before, but could a note go out to the
ldm-users list, just in case there might be a few who are still
hanging on (as you noted below).  Perhaps you know who they are and could
contact them separately.  It just seems like it's a matter of courtesy,
before things are taken away.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Linda