Re: 19990525: perl5 Install problem

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Robert,

We are at HPUX 10.3 with perl5 version 5.004.  10.3 is a way different
animal that 10.2, we had to make many changes on the ldm to get it
compiled for 10.3  Not much help here.

>    /usr/bin/ar rcu libperl.a perl.o + lots of other stuff + perlio.o
>    cc  -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a

I agree with your diagnoses that a library is missing. The "lots of other
stuff" is probably the libraries that perl is looking for. Sometimes the
libraries are located in a different directory and all that is needed is
to make a link to /lib so perl can find them. If you have a system admin,
he could probably solve the problem quickly.

Robb...