Re: 19990712: LDM problems with new IP scheme

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Chris,

The LDM can't deal with dynamic allocation and internal multiplexing of IP
addresses because the connections are persistent and can last up to weeks.
If your LDM/machine stops and gets a new IP, most likely the downsteam,
upstream nodes will have a hard time getting the correct IP.

  During the conversion, our
> LDM server stopped being able to get a good FEEDME; no one was
> accepting us.   I assume the problem has to do with the DNS servers.
> We are using an internet accessable IP.  Do you have any idea
> why or LDM is not working properly?  We were able to get it working
> when we replaced the new IP number with the old IP number in
> our DNS server, if that helps.

That was because the old IP number was cached up/down(streams) nodes.

> Please let me know whatever information you need to help with
> question.  I'll ask our network folks.

Tell your network folks that you need a static IP number or you will
continue to have problems.

Robb...