19990715: starting the LDM

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>A strange thing happened on our workstation (windfall) sometime yesterday,
>and  I had to reboot. There's some program I'm supposed to start running
>to get the ldm going again, right?

Yes, IF windfall has not been setup to automatically start the LDM
on reboot.  Did you check and see that the LDM did not start?  Was
windfall setup to automatically start the LDM on reboot?  If so, it
probably means that the LDM's queue is corrupt and needs to be deleted
and remade.

>What is it?

Logon to windfall as the user running the LDM (ldma in your case) and
run:

ldmadmin start

If the queue is corrupt, the LDM won't keep running.  In this case,
do the following:

ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue