Re: 19990719: LDM Linux problem

Gilbert,

Thanks for your comments.  Now forward them to the Linux folks to have
their mmap problem fixed.  The Linux limitations is not an LDM problem,
it's a Linux problem.  There has been extensive testing at UCAR about this
problem and the solution is to buy more memory.  I'ts only about a $1 an
megabyte.  The general solution is to have minimum  amount of RAM equal
about 125% of the LDM queue.  Even then, the Linux bug starts appearing
when the queue grows larger then 750 megabtyes.  Just stating the facts.

Robb...