19990719: starting the LDM (cont.)

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

re: old ROUTE.SYS & SYSKEY.TAB?
>Probably not. The timestamp on each of those files is from November.

OK, it was a shot in the dark.

re: LDM questions
>I don't know how it reports requests being made. Nothing in
>~ldma/logs/ldmad.log looks like an error of this kind,

OK.

>but you can check for yourself.

Not until I get the login.

>Maybe there's a problem upstream. Do you have the email of the administrator
>at PSU?

You can see for yourself what your upstream site is getting:

o login as ldma
o run the notifyme command:

  notifyme -vxl- -f MCIDAS -o 3600 -h ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu

  (assumes that ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu is the name of the machine feeding
  you)

  This tells you what MCIDAS products (i.e. AREAs) that PSU has gotten
  in the last hour (3600 seconds).

re: login info
>I'll write the password for you if we can keep it off the MUG archives!

This sounds like the password got into the tracking system at one point;
did it?  We have scripts that go throuh email and strip out the user
names and passwords that we get.  Also, 99.99% of the files that go
into the tracking system get there by us replying to a site, not by
us filing an email that we get.

re: Jennie's bouncing email
>I checked aerial on Jennie's desk, and it was running smoothly. It's also
>accepting emails from windfall. Will it happen if you write her again?

I'll try by CCing the address that was giving us a problem on this email.

Tom