Re: 19990720: ldm hostname

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]
Chris,

From the LDM user home directory, edit ldmadmin script ie.

% vi bin/ldmadmin

Look for $hostname variable and set it to the new name.

>       Looking in my manual there is supposed to be a script
> called "scriptconfig" that will change this to the new name.  However
> for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere in our version directories.

The scriptconfig was only sent out with the binary releases, it's located
in the {ldm-version}/bin directory.

> First, do you have any idea where this script might have gone?
> We have three version still on line (5.0, 5.0.2 and 5.0.8) and none
> seem to have this script.
>
> Second, does it really matter.  You see the latency, albeit under
> the old name, and we get our data...

It's better to keep things current because otherwise it make
new configuration harder. I'm sure you will find the hostname in the
bin/ldmadmin script.

> I promise after I get all this working again (and the GEMPAK which
> I never did get installed...) I won't bother you anymore. :)

No problem.

Robb....