Re: 19990721: LDM OSF1 for ldm version 5.0.8 trouble

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Jessica,

Usually the etc directory holds all your configurations so the etc
directory in the binary distribution is not used.  If you need the conf
file "configuration files", install the source, then install the binary
over it.  Follow the directions in the sounrce install to get the original
conf files.   Also If this is a first time install, make sure you follow
the preInstall instructions on the LDM home page.

> Second, the source code version cannot find the ldm library when attempting
> to make the pqcreate application.

This is a particular bug, It has to do with the environment variables
being set when running make.  A cohort can compile the LDM but when I try
to compile it I get the same error you encountered. So use the binary with
the above instructions.  At this time I'm preparing to teach a workshop
Mon so I can't spend any time on it.

Robb...