Re: 19990804: cannot start LDM on wxmcidas

Robert,

First , you need to make sure all ldm processes are gone. Do:

% ldmadmin clean
% ldmadmin stop
% ldmadmin clean
% ps -eaf | grep ldm
% rpcinfo -p

Now try to start the ldm from home on the command line :

% bin/rpc.ldmd -vl - -q data/ldm.pq etc/ldmd.conf

This should show the problem.

If it still doesn't start, comment out all the entries in the ldmd.conf
file, then start the LDM. Uncomment the entries one at a time until you
find the problem.

Robb...