19990919: I want to keep LDM messages out of my 'messages' file!

Gilbert, You should have local0.none for the /var/adm/messages line
and local0.debug for the ldmd.log line.

Remember, TABS are important separators in the syslog.conf file.
Here is an example :

*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice;user.none;local0.none     /dev/console
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice;user.none;local0.none     /var/adm/console
*.err;kern.debug;mail.crit;user.none;local0.none        /var/adm/messages
# ldm
#
local0.debug                                    /data/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

Steve Chiswell