Re: 19990915: LDM Bug?

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Paul Hamer wrote:

> Robb,
>
> >From your man pages on notifyme.
>

>       NAME
>
>            notifyme - ldm NOTIFYME example client
>
>       UNIX SYNOPSIS
>
>            notifyme [-x -v] [-l logfile] [-h remote] [-p  pattern]  [-f
>            feedtype] [-o offset] [-t timeout] [-T TotalTimeo]
>
>       DESCRIPTION
>
>            This program receives notification messages from the Unidata
>            Local Data Management system (ldm) and optionally prints the
>            notification information with timestamps.  It calls up  with
>            the  LDM  server  at remote and requests notification of the
>            arrival data whose  identifier  matches  pattern.   As  data
>            arrives  at  the  server,  notification is sent to this pro-
>            gram.
>

> The guys here that took you course assured me that we could use this
> utility to receive confirmation from the remote host that it had received
> the product we had just sent. It does connect to the remote LDM, we
> couldn't run this at first because the remote sites firewall wouldn't
> accept the host from which we were running notifyme. In the description
> above it refers to the "LDM server at remote" what does that mean if
> it is not the remote host we were checking? It also says "notification of
> the arrival data" not sent, but arrival. I know it was sent by looking
> at my end.

Paul,

I misunderstood what you were saying. Yes if you use the -h flag then you
can determine that a particular product was received at a remote host.

> There were no messages in the ldmd.log indicating that the execute
> permission was the problem.

For the script problem, I tried it on our LDM and here are the messages:

Sep 17 18:44:25 zero.unidata.ucar.edu pqact[17410]: child 25688 exited
with status 127
Sep 17 18:44:29 zero.unidata.ucar.edu pqact[17410]: child 25690 exited
with status 127

Robb...