Re: 19990915: LDM Bug?

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]
Paul,

The notifyme did exactly what it was designed too.  Notified you that the
product was sent. There is no connection to the receiving LDM.

> When the perl script does not have execute permission at the receiving
> end no confirmation of receipt iss received even though the product
> is in the target hosts product queue. Further, no indication of
> a failure to execute the script was found at either end.

There probaby was a message in the ldmd.log file, but not the kind you
where expecting. If you look at the log file, there would be a line
stating pqact subprocess exiting with some type of signal. Because the LDM
forks the processes the name of the subprocess and the text of the error
messages are lost. The common process of testing pqact entries is to run
the entry as stated in pqact.conf from the command line as user LDM from
LDM home. This would of caught the error immediately.

Robb...