19991018: Can't get data after restore from backup

William,

your "notifyme" connection to mahi shows that the LDM is not
running on your computer. I also attempted an ldmping to your computer
this morning to the same result:
[108]chiz on flip --> ldmping mahi.mhpcc.edu
Oct 19 15:28:45      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
Oct 19 15:28:45 SVC_UNAVAIL   0.285143    0   mahi.mhpcc.edu  Program not
registered

Since you have remade the product queue, we'll assume that the queue is not
corrupted then. The best place to look for log messages is in the ldmd.log
file (your /etc/syslog.conf entry for local0 will log to that file).

After you run "ldmadmin start", you should see startup messages
in the ldmd.log file along with running rpc.ldmd and pqexpire
processes in your process listing.

If a process from the ldm group exits, the entire group will
shut down- this may be what is happening. This could be caused by
a bad pqact.conf entry or ldmd.conf entry. Usually those messages
will be logged in ldmd.log so that we can identify why things aren't starting.

Can you provide me with the ldmd.log info- or see if there is any info there?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support