RE: NOAAPORT receive system feeding LDM

> Does the unisys NOAAport systems use WMO headers?

Yes, it produces a standard WMO header and removes the NOAAPORT header.

SOH,CR,CR,LF
seq,CR,CR,LF
WMO header....

and adds a terminating ETX,LF on the end of a product if none exists.  I
don't believe we put CRs after the ETX but I can check.  Those pesky
binary products.

> Also, Does the products have a sequence number.

Yes, but we start the sequence number at 001 when the ingest process
starts and increment to 999 and recycle.

BTW, do you have the algorithm that SSEC uses for the sequence number.
We can add it here so we can remove duplicates between our feed and IDD.

> The bottom line, does the unisys NOAAport stream look like the
> SSEC NOAAport stream?

Having not looked at the SSEC feed, I can't say for sure.  I was able to
successfully ingest the feed on LDM 5.0.8 here for about a 72 hr period
but I'm not sure that is long enough for a thorough test.  I'm
contemplating doing another test here but securing systems to do it here
is not easy.

> The question that I'm concerned about is rejecting duplicate products.

I think this is Jim's major problem.  He is getting product from his
Alden receiver, IDD and our NOAAPORT so in many cases he is getting
triplicates since the WMO/seq headers don't match.  This means his
product queue has to be enormous.

I am curious what would be giving Jim a "permission denied" to write to
the product queue.  This terminates the pqing process.

> Are there any other major differences that I should be aware of?

Not that I know of.  If you want, I can forward some raw files that I'm
feeding to pqing.

> Thanks,

Let me know what you need and I'm be glad to help out.  If I get that
test system set up, I can follow up on the problems here.

Thanks!

Dan.