Re: 19991021: Custom data feedtypes for LDM

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: "Jessica Thomale" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Custom data feedtypes for LDM
>
> Dear Unidata:
>
> At the OCS, we are using LDM to feed data to both our machines and other's
> machines.  However, we need to restrict the data that is sent outside of our
> machines.  Since we only have the EXP feed type available, we can not
> distinguish between the two different feeds.
>
> Are there any plans to allow the administrators to create their own custom
> feed types with a config file without modifying the source code?

Jessica,

Yes, but it will not be implemented for awhile.  There are some
possibilities,

- only have the data the you want to distribute to outside machines on the
feeder machine.  The can be done with pattern in the request line in the
ldmd.conf file.

- use the allow on the downstream nodes.

- seperate the data into the EXP and SPARE feedtypes then only have an
allow for one of them to the downstream sites.

Robb...