Re: 19991021: starting LDM at boot time

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
> >cc: support-ldm <address@hidden>
> >From: Alan F Cunningham <address@hidden>
> >Subject: starting LDM at boot time
>
> How should I call the ldm startup script described in "configuring the
> LDM".  I could write a separate shell script and run it from my .cshrc or
> my .login, or do I need to configure something to run at reboot, such as
> something run as root?

Alan,

The startup script should be installed in /etc/init.d using filename ldmd.
Then in directory /etc/rc3.d make a hard link to ldmd ie.

% ln /etc/init.d/ldmd  S92ldmd

On Solaris, on system boot goes through rc directories starting the
applications in sequence according to the numbers.
That's it.  Make sure that the directories, etc are all correct in ldmd
file for your system.

Robb...

ps.  Glad to hear you got the system up and running and receiving data