Re: 19991103: Running LDM on Irix 6.5

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]
Erick,

I believe the problem is in pqact.conf somewhere. The ldmd.log file should
give you some messages. I would comment out the exec pqact entry in the
etc/ldmd.conf file and then try to start the ldm. If the ldm starts ok,
then the problem is in pqact.conf.  Did you do:

% ldmadmin pqactcheck

This will tell you if the syntax is correct in the pqact.conf file. If the
syntax is correct then start to comment out the latest changes made in the
pqact.conf file until the culprit one is found.  You don't have to restart
the ldm after changing pqact.conf. You can do:

% ldmadmin pqactHUP
% ldmadmin tail   ( checks the logs to see if pqact.conf file was reread )

Let me know if this helps,
Robb...