Re: 19991103: Running LDM on Irix 6.5

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Erick Lorenz wrote:

> Robb...
>
> `% ldmadmin ps   doesn't show the xcd_run program, you need to look at
> `
> `% ps -eaf | grep xcd_run
>
> Actually that was a ps -ef|grep ldm but ..grep xcd couldn't find it either.
>
> `You will find more info from the messages on the screen.
> `
> `Look at:
> `
> `http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/xcd_troubleshoot.html#pgfId=
> 996751
> `
> `To analyse the log messages.
>
> I found the log messages were going to /var/adm/SYSLOG.  After
> fiddling with the /etc/services, /etc/rpc, and /etc/syslog.conf files
> (I changed spaces to tabs and vv depending on what else was in the
> file) the messages started to go to ldmd.conf.
>
> The main message about xcd is:
>
>   Nov 03 23:28:25 3Q:atm12 pqact[75347]: pipe_dbufput: xcd_runHRS write error
>
> which repeats about 41 times in rapid sequence.
>
> I didn't see a discussion of specific messages at the troubleshoot
> page above.  Could this write-error be a permission problem?

Erick,

I would check that the ldm has permission to write in the output
directories.  Make sure you are user ldm when checking.  If everything
appears to be correct, execute the pqact entry that's failing on the
command line in the LDMHOME directory. This usually this shows the error
immediately.

Robb...