Re: 19991103: LDM 5.0.8 and 'expanding input buffer size' problemwithAFOS feed

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Robb Kambic wrote:

> Gregory,
>
> At this point, I'm really starting to speculate. Is it possible to install
> the ldm on another box that's not IRIX?  My thinking is some library/etc
> has changed to make the ldm behave abnormal. If we could duplicate this on
> another platform then it's definitely a bug in the ldm.  Could be OS
> specific.
>
> Robb...
>
> > Gilbert, If I were able to have the routers and firewall changed to allow
> > your LDM
> > access to this machine I don't understand how the AFOS
> > data would be able to get to you.  Right now there are no AFOS products
> > entering
> > the queue, the only thing occurring is the 'Expanding input buffer size.'
> > If
> > there were AFOS products entering the queue they would also show up in one
> > of the
> > three other LDM machines here.

Does it have to enter the LDM queue or is it transparent? In either case,
I'm with Robb. It may be an OS problem. Is it a lot of trouble to
reconfigure the router for me to get the AFOS feed? Since I have Linux 6.0
(6.1 just includes a bunch of word processing and other software,
otherwise it's identical to 6.0), I can try it on my platform. If I have
no problems, then we know it's a platform problem. (Of course, you could
put in 5..0.2 temporarily to get the data working and to see if it will
work here).

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***