Re: 19991108: problems with ldm Debian Linux

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Dave,

Program not register means that the blueskies ldm is not running/ not
registered with the portmapper. This is a problem at Michigan. When you
get this message go to your failover site.

> ^@Nov 06 21:33:58 141.213.23.92[251]: run_requester: 19991106203358.419
> TS_ENDT\
>  {{MCIDAS,  "(^[A-OQ-X])|(^[YZ].[^AHIJRU])"}}
> ^@Nov 06 21:33:58 141.213.23.92[251]: FEEDME(141.213.23.92): RPC: Program not
> r\
> egistered
> ^@Nov 06 21:34:06 blueskies[250]: run_requester: 19991106203406.289 TS_ENDT
> {{W\
> MO,  "(^[A-OQ-X])|(^[YZ].[^AHIJRU])"}}
> ^@Nov 06 21:34:06 blueskies[250]: FEEDME(blueskies.sprl.umich.edu): RPC:
> Progra\
> m not registered
> ^@Nov 06 21:45:33 141.213.23.92[251]: FEEDME(141.213.23.92): OK
> ^@Nov 06 21:45:40 blueskies[250]: FEEDME(blueskies.sprl.umich.edu): OK
> ^@Nov 06 22:03:39 141.213.23.92[251]: Timed out after 720 seconds inactivity
> ^@Nov 06 22:03:39 141.213.23.92[251]: Disconnect
> ^@Nov 06 22:04:09 141.213.23.92[251]: run_requester: 19991106213724.013
> TS_ENDT\
>  {{MCIDAS,  "(^[A-OQ-X])|(^[YZ].[^AHIJRU])"}}
> ^@Nov 06 22:04:10 141.213.23.92[251]: FEEDME(141.213.23.92): OK
> ^@Nov 06 22:04:10 141.213.23.92[251]: Connection reset by peer
> ^@Nov 06 22:04:10 141.213.23.92[251]: Disconnect
>
> Have you noticed this happening elsewhere?  I am using a rather early
> version of glibc -- 2.0.7 according to how Debian numbers things.
> Could this be the problem?

Because the differences in Linux, UPC is  only supporting  Red Hat Linux.
I know Debian is very similar but there are differences that can cause
major problems.  Not saying that this problem is because of Debian.

> What is odd is that the problem started in October with no changes in
> software or hardware.
>
> The network has been bad lately, but I am not convinced that the
> problem is solely the fault of the internet.

I agree.  When the problem occurs again, do a ldmping to Michigan.

Robb...