Question re: Alden Satellite Feed (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 99 09:47:26 -0500
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: Question re:  Alden Satellite Feed

Hi LDM-ers,

This query is directed specifically at those
who receive DDS/IDS data directly via satellite from
Alden.

I've noticed that ever since we realigned our dish
this summer to point to the different satellite, our
feed has been much "dirtier" than usual.  Despite
repeated attempts at realigning, we still get lots
of messages such as this in our log:

Dec 16 09:59:27 ingest1 pqing[32705]: Not a WMO format message.             461

       -01   H5k00 {?lw 160959

along with several instances of "^@" characters in the
output files.  99% of the feed gets through fine--it's just
not as clean as it was before the repoint.

I suspect that the problem is local to us, but I would appreciate
if any other satellite users would let me know if they have
noticed a similar degradation in quality since repointing this
summer, or if they have any other tips/suggestions.  By the way,
our LNB is fairly new, so I suspect that is not the problem.

Many thanks,

Kevin Tyle <address@hidden>
MESO, Inc.