Re: 19991230: Y2K Bug Fix for pqact program of the LDM

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Devin Kramer wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Luckily it appears that the Solaris 2.6 binary for v5.0.8 works on my
> Solaris 2.5.1 box running ldm-v5.0.5.

Devin,

Great...

> If I may ask a silly question.. How did this get through a Y2K test?

I created a file with a WMO header  WWUS40 KDEN 0102 and then used
pqinsert to send to my local machine.  I checked the output directory for
the pqact entry for the created file. It was created correctly.

> Are most people using some format other than (\1:yy).. Does (\1:yyyy)
> work? Should we have switched long ago?

Both (\1:yy) and (\1:yyyy) work correctly.  It's always better to use the
latest LDM release. UPC doesn't have the resources to run older LDM
releases.

Robb...

> Devin

> I have a binary version of ldm v5.0.5 running.. Can I use a 5.0.8 binary
> pqact in place of it or will that break  my ldm?

Devin,

I don't know for sure, here's what I would try:

% cd ~ldm/bin
% cp pqact pqact.sav
% ldmadmin stop

copy new binary version of pqact to ~ldm/bin

% chmod 775 pqact
% ldmadmin start

Check the logs/ldmd.log file to see pqact started up OK.

Robb...