Re: 19991230: Y2K Bug Fix for pqact program of the LDM (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:55:02 -0700 (MST)
From: D. J. Raymond <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
     address@hidden
Subject: Re: 19991230: Y2K Bug Fix for pqact program of the LDM

   Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:33:51 -0700 (MST)
   From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
   cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
           support-ldm <address@hidden>
   Sender: address@hidden

   On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

   > >To: address@hidden
   > >cc: address@hidden,
   > >cc: address@hidden,
   > >cc: address@hidden
   > >From: "D. J. Raymond" <address@hidden>
   > >Subject: Re: 19991230: Y2K Bug Fix for pqact program of the LDM
   >
   > Hello,
   >
   > I am still using ldm-5.0.6 and managed to find something that looked
   > like the line you quoted in the y2k fix -- however, this line wasn't
   > unique.  I am attaching my patch with some context and perhaps you
   > can tell me if I did the right thing.
   >
   > Dave Raymond

   Dave,

   It looks ok to me.  Before installing the new pqact in the ~ldm/bin
   directory  I would do:

   % ldmadmin stop
   % cd ~ldm/bin
   % cp pqact pqact.sav

   copy in new pqact

   % ls -l pqact  (make sure executable permission are there)
   % ldmadmin start

   check the logs/ldmd.log file that pqact started up ok.

   Robb...

Seems to work --- Dave