Re: 19991230: ldm5.0.8 and gdbm

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >cc: address@hidden
> >From: "David J. Knight" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: ldm5.0.8 and gdbm
>
> Hi,
>      I'm trying to upgrade our ldm from 5.0.5
> to 5.0.8, but, I need compatability
> with Neilly's weather program, so,
> I need gdbm stuff.
>
> I've tried various combinations of settings
> for GDBMLIB but don't seem to be having
> any luck keeping pqsurf running with dbfile
> actions.
>
> Any tips or instructions?

David,

Here's some detail instructions for building GDBM at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm/3185

Make sure to get the palt.c file in the LDM src directory if you are using
the ldm-5.0.8 release. The ldm-5.0.9 release has the latest palt.c
included.

Good luck, hey it could be worst.  Say are those lights flickering behind
you?

Robb...