20000119: LDM (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:09:52 -0700
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: Ka Kit Lai <address@hidden>
Subject: 20000119: LDM

Ka Kit,

The LDM distribution runs the pqact program which uses the
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file to define what actions will be used to
store the data on your system.

The nwx.tbl and decoders.tbl files I provide are example for entries
that can be used within your pqact.conf file- eg, you will edit your
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file to incorporate the nwx.tbl and decoder.tbl
entries that you want to have available on your system. The nwx.tbl
and decoder.tbl files are subsets of what you would have in your
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file. In general, you will use all of the
nwx.tbl entries in your pqact.conf file for NWX. You probably will
want to select certain model grids  etc from the decoders.tbl file
for use in pqactl.conf. Since there are many different models and
grid projections available, you should select only those that you
need and have space on disk for.

When the pqact program finds data you receive which matches the pattern
in the pqact.conf file, it will FILE, or PIPE the data as requested by
your action.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support