Re: 20000127: Using /p in pqact.conf

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Steve Adams wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, are you seeing /p tags on your PPS products
> in your logs? Or are you totally NOAAPort now?

Steve,
Our data has been NOAAPORT instead of FOS since December 1998.
We no longer have individual PPS, DDS and IDS type feeds as a
result- instead the NOAAPORT nwstg channel is smorgasboarded
into 2 streams DDPLUS|IDS and HRS for the time being.

In the work I have been persuing, I do not use pqing since
it was never designed to handle things like GINI images anyway-
so I would like to get away from the old FOS feedtypes and
move to better IDs that reflect more of the information carried
in the NOAAPORT headers.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support