Re: data2 and squall out? (fwd)

> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:01:24 -0500 (EST)
> From: Christian Page <address@hidden>
> To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
> Subject: data2 and squall out?
>
> Hi! I cannot connect to data2.atmos.uiuc.edu nor squall.atmos.uiuc.edu. data2
> was supposed to be out for 45 min only yesterday. Is there a problem? The
> traceroute has no problem to get to it, but I get a Connection refused with
> ldm.
>
> Christian Page      finger address@hidden => tel. + adresse
> address@hidden    http://www.sca.uqam.ca/
>
> Assistant de recherche / Research Assistant
> Universite du Quebec a Montreal / Universite McGill / McGill Radar

Hi Christian,

We tried to reach both of these sites ourselves using the 2 ldm commands below
and
plain old 'ping', and failed.  We also tried traceroute, which succeeeded once
but
not the second time.   It seems that there is a problem at those sites.  I
suggest
you switch to your failover sites until you are able to contact the original
sites.

Try these commands:

    ldmping -v 5 -h data2.atmos.uiuc.edu

    notifyme -vl - -h data2.atmos.uiuc.edu

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
(303) 497-8677                    Boulder, CO  80307