Re: 20000202:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Ka Kit Lai wrote:

> Robb:
>   The following is the output when I execute the bin/rpc.ldmd -vl -
> etc/ldmd.conf in the LDMHOME:
>
> halo{ldm}% pwd
> /usr/local/ldm
> halo{ldm}% bin/rpc.ldmd -vl - etc/ldmd.conf
> Feb 04 15:36:09 rpc.ldmd[660]: Starting Up (built: Aug 11 1999 15:19:15)
> Feb 04 15:36:10 redwood[664]: run_requester: Starting Up:
> redwood.atmos.albany.edu
> Feb 04 15:36:10 redwood[664]: lastmatch: dc13489d34956bac9d5476e9cf5985a2
>   1834 20000204152009.260     HDS 160  YTNA10 KWBF 041200 /mNGM
> Feb 04 15:36:10 redwood[664]: run_requester: 20000204152009.260 TS_ENDT
> {{FSL2|UNIDATA,  ".*"}}
> Feb 04 15:36:10 rpc.ldmd[660]: bind: 388: Address already in use

Ka Kit,

The reason is that the LDM is already running, noted by the message:

bind: 388: Address already in use

At this point you might have an abnormal running ldm.  Here's what I would
do:

% ldmadmin stop
- make sure no ldm processes are still running
% ps -eaf | grep ldm
- if any ldm processes are running except shells and grep, kill them
% kill <ldm process ID>
- restart the ldm
% ldmadmin start

I would concentrate on getting the OS patches installed and solving the
network problems. The LDM is running fine with the current
configurations, so no more work needs to be done now. I would check the
current configurations and I would review the LDM workshop presentation to
get a better understanding of the LDM architecture at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ws/ws.html

Robb...