20000207: Access-Distribution to GEM data

Hi Richard and Ekaterina,

Congratulations on getting the LDM working in Canada at the CMC!

Robb will be contacting you with the technical specifics regarding distribution
of the data from your vantage point.  At this time, initially at least, it
would be prudent for you to act as the source site and the relay for the data.
Robb will explain with specifics.

I believe in earlier communications with you, Richard, we were unsure of the
number of sites who might be requesting the data.  The allow command enables
the source site (you, in this case) to monitor who is getting the data.  If you
get a lot of requests, Unidata should be able to assist by moving the
distribution to the IDD, following the next LDM release.  Robb will describe
this in a separate email.

Unidata will be very happy to advertise the CMC data to the Unidata university
community.  Any Web links that can be used for this type of communication would
be extremely helpful.  As Ekaterina suggested, information on the (fields,
volume, grid, availability, etc) and the regional forecasting system producing
it would be very useful to the community.  After experience is gained with
university sites receiving the data, Unidata can provide a newsletter article
about this collaborative project.

Thanks so much!

Linda

Linda Miller - address@hidden