Re[2]: [awipsldm] Re: LDM Observations and Comments

     Russ,

     Good news!  I think I solved the problem.

     It was perplexing to me that of all those system calls moving,
     renaming, and deleting files, the only place the script kept getting
     hung up on was the redirect of stdin to the temp file.  So, what I
     tried was to comment out that one line in the script and then add one
     action to my pqact.conf file to FILE the product in a temp file.
     Logically speaking, the two should be equivalent, but apparently
     that's not the case!  The FILE action in LDM does not tie up the stdin
     line.  I've been watching it for several minutes and the files get
     swept out of the temp directory within 2-4 seconds of being written.
     Also, I've only found at most two or three instances of process
     running at a time and even then, only for a second or so.

     This might be a good "lesson learned" that could be useful to others
     using LDM and writing scripts like I am.  I will try to summarize my
     findings and post to the awipsldm list.

     Thanks again for all the help and support.

     Ken