20000223: Re: high-frequency product

Hi Gerry,

I'm sorry I'm so late in responding to this request.  I wondered if you
received any information regarding this issue?

If not, you might want to contact Marty Deiseroth, ASOS Program, at the NWS,
(301) 713-2093x102, email address@hidden to see if he can assist
you.  I believe the ASOS data are provided every 15 minutes normall and evedry
5 minutes in warning mode.  You might want to check the following NWS Web
information:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/modernize/asostech.html

I think the National Climatic Data Center makes one-minute data available.

Also, for the area you describe, there is an Oklahoma Mesonetwork that would
provide frequent surface updates.  Contact Ken Crawford at:  405 325-2541  or
address@hidden

Again, I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Linda

--On Thu, Feb 3, 2000 10:13 AM -0600 Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I'm new to ldm use and the dataproducts, but trying to devine my way
> thru it all.  I've a requirement for a product that updates more
> frequently than the standard hourly METAR data.  I know the ASOS sites
> actually are a continuous-mode operation, but I don't know if the data
> is available that frequently.  I'm looking for a Texas/Oklahoma/New
> Mexico subset of the US right now, but I can parse that myself if
> there's an overall US feed.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gerry
> --
> Gerry Creager                     Spatial Sciences Laboratory
> 409.845.7201 Office               Texas Agricultural Experiment Station
> 409.845.2273 Fax                  Texas A&M University System
> 409.228.7686 Pager (preferred)    College Station, Texas 77843-2120
> address@hidden              Pager: address@hidden
> "Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those of
> Texas A&M University."

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata
P.O. Box 3000