Re: 20000307: Ingest Product Times (fwd)

> >To: "Unidata Support" <address@hidden>
> >From: "Collin Daly" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Ingest Product Times
>
> Hello,
> How would I find the actual time a specific product (header) entered my
> local LDM?  I would like to verify the header time with the time I actually
> receive the product locally.  Does notifyme tell me the time stamp from my
> machine or is that generated elsewhere?
> Thanks,
> Collin
>
> Collin Daly
> Meteorological Systems Engineer
> Alden Electronics, Inc.
> 40 Washington Street
> Westborough, Ma 01581
> Voice: 508.366.8851 x.2268
> Fax:    508.898.2427
> e-mail: address@hidden
>  visit us at:
> http://www.alden.com

Hi Collin,

try: notifyme -vl - -h <host name>

notfyme returns (1) the current system time, (2) the string 'notifyme', (3) the
product size, (4) the time the product was injected into  the IDD, (5) the feed
type, (6) a sequence number, and (7) the product ID with the actual product
time.
If you take the difference  between the first and fourth fields, you can see how
long it took the product to arrive at the host.

Anne

Anne Wilson   UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden         P.O. Box 3000
                   Boulder, CO  80307