Re: 20000321: pqactcheck Question

> Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:08:30 -0700
> From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: 20000321: pqactcheck Question

Hi Larry,

I can understand that that message would make you nervous.  You probably have an
unnecessary core file laying around too.  But,  you don't need to worry about
the
message and you can remove the core file.  To do the pqactcheck option, the
ldmadmin script invokes pqact giving it /dev/null as a queue.   The queue is a
memory mapped file, the implementation of which varies a lot across systems.
Some
systems, like yours, don't handle the substitution of /dev/null for the queue
very
well.  As long as you're getting results about the syntax of pqact.conf, you can
ignore the nasty message.

(If we were going to maintain this version of the ldm I would fix that - looks
like a bug to me.)

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307