20000322: ACQ-SERVR

------- Forwarded Message

>To: address@hidden
>cc: Joan Brundage <address@hidden>,
>cc: "Amenda Stanley" <address@hidden>,
>cc: address@hidden,
>cc: Unidata Support <address@hidden>,
>cc: address@hidden
>From: "Amenda Stanley" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: ACQ-SERVR

Glenn,

I'm not at all familiar with N-AWIPS/GARP, so I may not
be of much help.  Perhaps COMET staff could be of more
help.

In any case, the AWIPS software expects the CCB, so it
is handled implicitly by AWIPS.  The non-AWIPS software
we run here at FSL handles either type of header.

My suggestion to you is to set up some code that is run by
LDM's pqact which does this work before passing the data
on to the N-AWIPS/GARP code.  This same kind of thing could
be done to handle the GRIB problem Alan brought up a couple
of weeks ago.

By the way, I would strongly suggest that this kind of
change to the data is not made upstream of your data archive
system.  My guess is that for the NOAAPORT data archive you'll
want the data to be as unchanged as possible.

Amenda

Amenda Stanley                        E-mail: address@hidden
Forecast Systems Laboratory           Fax:    303-497-7259
U.S. Department of Commerce           Phone:  303-497-6964
325 Broadway                          Mail Code: R/FS2
Boulder, CO 80303-3328

------- End of Forwarded Message