20000427: Duplicate obs

Art,
Peter Neilley had an exchange with Chris Vandersip a few weeks back
dealing with duplication in the "weather" program. The suggestion was to
use the DBFILEing with the program instead of storing the obs in a text file.
Chris's message is in the ldm-users support archive:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm-users-list/4123 and others

GEMPAK and MCIDAS generally use the duplicate report to check for missing or
corrected data without overwriting the complete observation with an
abbreviated report.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport