Re: 20000519: No UNIDATA or HRS (fwd)

Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology wrote:

> Anne,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I thought it might have been a simple interruption
> in data flow from my host(s), so I didn't give you lots of detail.  But
> now the problem continues, so here's what I see:
>
> 1) no model data being written to my /var/data/ldm/gempak/hds
> directory.  All other data are being received normally.
>
> 2) this began after I moved several *.eta_grid211.gem from the above
> directory to my archive directory (/var/data/Cases/).
>
> 3) I have since deleted and re-made the /var/data/ldm/gempak/hds
> directory, making sure the permissions and ownership are correct.
>
> 3) when I try notifyme, I get nothing in reply.  Ldmping to both
> cirrus.al.noaa.gov (primary) and nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu (secondary) say
> RESPONDING.
>
> 4) My pqact.conf file has not been edited.
>
> 5) Since this began, mail from "cron" is being written every three
> hours.  Here's an example:
>
> Your "cron" job on wxbox
> bin/ldmadmin scour
>
> produced the following output:
>
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/forecasts: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/warnings: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/severe: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/decoded: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/upperair: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/GRIB: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/GRIB: does not exist
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/campus/netcdf: does not
> exist
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8/8km is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl1 is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl1/4km is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl1/1km is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/ANTARCTIC is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/ANTARCTIC/20km is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl2 is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl2/1km is a directory
> rm: ./images/sat/GOES-8_fl2/4km is a directory
> rm: ./profiler/pqact.profile is a directory
> rm: ./storm is a directory
> rm: ./storm/tropic is a directory
> rm: ./storm/tropic/atlantic is a directory
> rm: ./storm/tropic/cpacific is a directory
> rm: ./storm/tropic/epacific is a directory
> rm: ./storm/watches is a directory
> rm: ./upperair/examples is a directory
> rm: ./acars is a directory
> rm: ./tmp is a directory
> rm: ./tmp/nids is a directory
> rm: ./sfc is a directory
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/scour: /usr/local/ldm/data/campus/netcdf: does not
> exist
>
> I'd appreciate any further suggestions you have.  This is not a critical
> problem right now since classes and labs have ended for the semester, but
> I'd like to fix it before the next round of interested weather is upon us.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony Rockwood

> [...]

Hmmm....  I just did a "notifyme" to cirrus and saw that it seems to be running
fine and receiving HDS and other data.

Please do this: "notifyme -vl - -h cirrus.al.noaa.gov" and send us the output.
At the very least you should get a few lines back that say something.  Note that
you're not specifying a feed type.

Also, please send your ldmd.conf file.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000