Re: 20000614: LDM notifyme and ldmadmin

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Matt,

There seems to be two separate problems here.  Something seems to be wrong with
your upstream site.
We're checking that out now and have sent email to them.

The other problem is with your own ldm.  Apparently the signal sent to the
syslog deamon didn't work.
The ldm's hupsyslog program must be setuid root.  That is, permissions for
$LDMHOME/bin/hupsyslog should
look like this:
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     ustaff      24001 Mar 28 15:34 hupsyslog*
This should have happened when you were installing the software and you issued
the 'make install_setuids'
command.

If that's not the problem, here's something else to try: 'ldmadmin' is simply a
script that invokes other
programs.  In order to get more information, you can run the command that
ldmadmin would execute from the
command line.  You can add the -v (for verbose) flag to get more information.
From your LDMHOME
directory try executing: "bin/rpc.ldmd -vl - etc/ldmd.conf"

You should be able to get your ldm up and running even though data may not be
flowing to you.  Check
these things out and let us know the result.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307