Re: pqact question

Matthew Maschmann wrote:

> Anne,
>
>         Good morning.  I have a question regarding my pqact.conf entries.
> I have been dealing with Robb, but he is at a conferance Mon-Wed so I
> thought I would ask you.  Here is an entry for buoy information.  I have
> manually input the data from the first entry into the decoder, and it
> works fine. Is there some way I can log the data to see what/where things
> are going wrong?  See if there is anything wrong with my syntax that you
> can spot.  Ldmadmin pqactcheck yields no syntax errors.
>
> DDS|IDS ^S[NS].... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>         STDIOFILE data/ncar/surface/boy/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2_boy.wmo
>
> DDS|IDS ^S[NS].... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>         PIPE /usr/local/ldm/decoders/src/buoy2nc
>                 /usr/local/ldm/etc/buoy.cdl
>                 /usr/local/ldm/data/decoded/buoy(\1:yy)(\1:mm).nc
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

ppqactcheck, unfortunately, doesn't find every every problem.

First, if there's an error in the file something should appear in the logs.
Do 'ldmadmin tail' to see the end of the current log.  Do 'ldmadmin log' to
see the entire log.  If you've restarted the ldm the logs will have
rotated.  If you took out those entries then restarted the ldm you'll have
to scan an earlier log for error messages.  cd to ~ldm/data/logs and look at
ldmd.log.X to see the earlier logs.

The only thing I can see offhand is that perhaps 'boy' should be 'bouy' in
the first entry - do you have a directory called 'boy'?  I can't tell
whether you've used tabs instead of spaces in the correct places due to the
formatting that the mailer does.  Be sure that you've got:
on how to see the the nonprinting characters like tab, space, or carriage
return, let me know.  Otherwise it looks fine from here.

Are you sure that all the directories exist and are writable by ldm?

Can you confirm that the decoder is being started up?  Do 'ldmadmin ps' to
see all the LDM processes that are running.

Please check these things and let me know the results.  There are a few
other things we can try if these don't work.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307