Re: Decoders Success

Matthew Maschmann wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I think my success was too good to be true.  I am once again getting
> errors, but this time they are different.  Here is a sample.  I get the
> same error over and over again.
>
> Wrong number of parameters at /usr/local/ldm/decoders/src/sao2nc line 18.
> ncopen: filename "/usr/local/ldm/data/decoded": Is a directory
>
> Do these mean anything to you?  I am still getting buoy.nc and perl_ua.nc
> files as well as log files.  If you would like to log on to this machine
> again, feel free.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I did log in and take a look.   The usage for sao2nc is: sao2nc [cdlfile]
netcdfFile.  The third argument in your pqact.conf entry for sao2nc is a
directory, not a file name.  I think you need to make it something like:

ANY     ^S[AP](AK..|HW..|U[AEKMNUWX]..|US[^8].|US8[^1]) ....
                PIPE    /usr/local/ldm/decoders/src/sao2nc
                /usr/local/decoders/src/upperair/sao.cdl
                /usr/local/ldm/data/decoded/<fileName>.nc

(It looks like perhaps a line got off from the end of this entry.)

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307