Re: 20000727: ldm data sent

Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>
> >Subject: ldm data sent
>
> I have an ldm 'server' that is ingesting 3 radars worth of data, compressing
> it,
> and shipping it out the ethernet to be received by 3 other machines.  I now
> have
> someone else that is wanting the data from only one of the radars.  My
> question
> is: When they request the data from only one of the radars, will LDM send them
> all 3 radars and let the 'client' LDM machine filter out what it wants, or
> will
> the 'server' recognize the request and send that machine only the radar that
> it
> is requesting?  On one of my LDM client machines that requests only on radar,
> can do an 'ldmadmin watch' and I can see what looks like data from all 3
> radars.
> Is what I'm seeing the actual data, or just headers of what is available?
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Carl Sinclair
> RIDDS Systems Analyst
> NSSL -- Norman, OK
> address@hidden

Hi Carl,

The upstream LDM will only send products that match the pattern specified by the
downstream LDM.  Since the radars can be uniquely identified, your downstream
site
should only receive the one it requested.  Please look again at what your
downstream site is receiving - that doesn't sound right.   Are you sure that you
did 'ldmadmin watch' on your downstream 'client'?  If you're sure that the
downstream site is receiving all three radars, look at the request line in its
ldmd.conf file to see if it is indeed only asking for one.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307