Re: 20000802: LDM 5.1.1 and LDM 5.1.2

Hi Russ,

> > Pardon my horrible ignorance, but I don't think that LinuX RH 6.2 on a PP
> > 450 is 64 bit. If you do need a RH 6.2 machine to try it on, let me know!
>
> I wasn't very clear.  I didn't mean to imply your Linux was suitable
> for testing the 64-bit huge queue version, just that we didn't have
> access to any 64-bit Linux to test on yet.  I'm not even sure whether
> a 64-bit Linux is currently available, though HP has said they will
> release Linux for IA-64 (the Intel 64-bit architecture, formerly
> Merced, lately "Itanium") shortly, if they haven't already.

Brain fart there. No, the Pentium IV isn't out yet (Itanium) but I will be
getting one of those wonderful machines when thye do (400 MHZ
bus---yeah! About time!). But, when I do get one, I'll be happy to let you
test out new versions on it.

> That's good to know.  Hopefully 5.1.2 will be as good or better ...
>
> > > Re: 20000802: Gilbert's chomping at the bit
> >
> > Chomp chomp! :-)
>
> Oops, I should look at those subject lines before sending :-)

LOL! I must say again that the new 5.1.1 is doing me wonders. I never got
more than 8 seconds behind on my HRS feed this morning, and I suspect with
5.1.1 I'll do even better. Usually, during the peak time of sending data,
I am 15-30 minutes behind, sometimes 40 minutes on HRS. And with NIDS just
down the pike, I can't afford data delays. Thus the reason why I want this
version so much!

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***