Re: 20000802: LDM 5.1.1 and LDM 5.1.2

>To: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM: Can I install LDM 5.1.1? And...

Gilbert,

> > Incidentally, we don't have access to a version of Linux on a 64-bit
> > architecture, such as Linux/IA-64 (not released yet?) or Linux on
> > Alphas, so we haven't been able to test on that kind of platform.
>
> Pardon my horrible ignorance, but I don't think that LinuX RH 6.2 on a PP
> 450 is 64 bit. If you do need a RH 6.2 machine to try it on, let me know!

I wasn't very clear.  I didn't mean to imply your Linux was suitable
for testing the 64-bit huge queue version, just that we didn't have
access to any 64-bit Linux to test on yet.  I'm not even sure whether
a 64-bit Linux is currently available, though HP has said they will
release Linux for IA-64 (the Intel 64-bit architecture, formerly
Merced, lately "Itanium") shortly, if they haven't already.

> Thanks! I will wait until then. Although I am happy with my current
> version, with motherlode and UIUC both at 5.1.1, I'm seeing DRAMATIC
> improvements in data speed and quality arriving to my machine
> (weather.admin.niu.edu). I want that to be translated to my leaf nodes!

That's good to know.  Hopefully 5.1.2 will be as good or better ...

> > Re: 20000802: Gilbert's chomping at the bit
>
> Chomp chomp! :-)

Oops, I should look at those subject lines before sending :-)

--Russ