20000808: pnga2area

>From: David Knight <address@hidden>

David,

>    This is a little embarising, but we just can't
>seem to get the new pnga2area files working.

OK.

>we can't even get a simple filing of the products to work ;-(
>
>For example, we have an entry in our pqact.conf:
>
>MCIDAS  ^pnga2area
>        FILE    -overwrite -close /data5/data2/mcidas/data/test.png

This looks pretty much correct, but we have comments below.

>white spaces are tabs. No error message is reported for the
>formatting of pqact.conf. We have even retyped the line
>several times.
>
>ldmadmin watch shows that these data are coming accross the feed.

I verified this with a:

notifyme -vxl - -h redwood.atmos.albany.edu -f MCIDAS -o 1800

>But they are not getting filed (we first tried decoding them,
>but, fell back to the more simple case as a test...)

Good thinking.

>Pete and I have both looked at this.
>
>I'm sure there must be something we have overlooked, but,
>frankly we are stumped and frustrated right now...

I can understand that.

>Any suggestions what we could be doing wrong?

Three things:

o the white space between -overwrite and -close should be a space, not
  a tab

o the white space between -close and /data5... should be a tab

o it is possible that you have one or more lines above this
  pqact.conf entry that begin with a blank.  This is a killer, AND it
  is hard to detect: 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' does not report an error in
  pqact.conf, AND processing will continue for all pqact.conf actions
  above the line with the blank.

The last situation is probably what is hanging you up.  The quickest
thing to do to look for '^ ' (find line beginning with a space).  When
you find one or more lines like this, either delete them or delete the
space so that the line is empty.

>Thanks

Please let us know if this was your problem.

>David
>David Knight
>Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences   Tel: (518)-442-4204
>University at Albany   ES-228                  Fax: (518)-442-4494
>Albany, NY  12222                              Email: address@hidden

Tom
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <