Re: configure script bug in 5.1.2?

Steven Danz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a person trying to install 5.1.2 on an HPUX 11.0 box.
> Their first problem was that the configure script would not detect
> that they had an HPUX 11.0 box when trying to find rpc libraries.
> Changing line 1856 in the configure script from:
>         HP-UX\ ?.11*)
>         HP-UX\ ?.11.*)
>
> (note the . in front of the *) seemed to fix it.
>
> Now that it builds, it will not run.  He is seeing the same problem reported
> by Brian Maher back in June of 1999 (see
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm/3049)
>
> I can't find any resolution to this problem in the archive, do you know if
> there
> was one?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steven Danz

Hi Steve,

Well, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news for your person.  The new version
of the LDM will not run on an HPUX 11.0.  We're aware of the problem but we're
not sure how to fix it.  Unfortunately, the priority of the problem is
currently not very high on our list, in part due to other pressing issues but
also in part due to the fact that we don't have a support contract with HPUX.
If your person is interested and willing to delve into this, any and all
information would be greatly appreciated.  I suspect a call to HP would be in
order.

Regarding the configure script, although we were unable to run the software on
our HPUX 11.0, we were at least able to build it.  We didn't encounter this
particular problem.  Still, I will pass this information on.

I'm sorry the news isn't better.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307