Re: configure script bug in 5.1.2?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Steven Danz wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a person trying to install 5.1.2 on an HPUX 11.0 box.
> > Their first problem was that the configure script would not detect
> > that they had an HPUX 11.0 box when trying to find rpc libraries.
> > Changing line 1856 in the configure script from:
> >         HP-UX\ ?.11*)
> >         HP-UX\ ?.11.*)

Steve,

We could not reproduce the problem, it was tried in a variety of shells.
The * in the expression is file expansion, not a regular expression
expansion so the the dot is not necessary.  This is not to say that you
didn't need the dot in your environment but maybe you could try a
different shell and/or environments.

Robb...