Re: configure script bug in 5.1.2?

Steven Danz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a person trying to install 5.1.2 on an HPUX 11.0 box.
> Their first problem was that the configure script would not detect
> that they had an HPUX 11.0 box when trying to find rpc libraries.
> Changing line 1856 in the configure script from:
>         HP-UX\ ?.11*)
>         HP-UX\ ?.11.*)
>
> (note the . in front of the *) seemed to fix it.
>
> Now that it builds, it will not run.  He is seeing the same problem reported
> by Brian Maher back in June of 1999 (see
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm/3049)
>
> I can't find any resolution to this problem in the archive, do you know if
> there
> was one?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steven Danz

Hi again, Steve,

One other thought - I suggest your person try getting the 5.1.2 binary for the
HPUX 10.20 from the ftp directory.  We're in the process of making binaries now
for all the platforms, and that one already exists - it was made a few days
ago.  We tried it on our own HPUX 11.0 and it did not run.  But, I was just
talking to our sysadmin about it and he's suspicious of our machine.  It just
might be that that version would run on your machine.

If you do this, please let me know the outcome.  Thanks!

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307